[fpc-devel] Trying to understand the wiki-Page "FPC Unicode support"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Nov 27 10:11:07 CET 2014

On 11/26/2014 05:37 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> invalid (in the meaning of "undefined") in both FPC and Delphi.
Sorry (I am not a native speaker). But to me "undefined" and "invalid"
have  completely different meanings (in this context). An "Invalid" use
of the language would result in an error (compiler or runtime), while an
"undefined" language construct would result in something that might work
in some way, but there is no guarantee that the outcome is always the
same (e.g. in another instance or another compiler version).

> CP_UTF16 and CP_UTF16BE can be returned by StringCodePage() when
> called on a unicodestring, and that's it.

I now do understand (see my reply to Sven).
-Michael