[fpc-devel] UTF8 RTL

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Nov 20 15:02:55 CET 2014

On 11/19/2014 06:46 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> Not old Delphi compatible. One can go new delphi compatible, and make
> everything 2-byte as much as possible.

Of course I did mean compatibility to "New" Delphi Strings.

But here (seemingly) TStrings (and with this TStringList) works on a
single pre-defined (2-Byte) encoding. And hence any other encoding (as
well 2 Byte as 1 Byte) needs time consuming conversions in and out.

Changing this would need a new "versatile" String Type that is not
available in Delphi and hence not compatible.

-Michael