[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux x64 compiling static ELF without using glibc ?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:19:50 CET 2014

Am 20.11.2014 13:43 schrieb "Jy V" <jyv110 at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
wrote:

>> I don't know what statically linked ELF executables 'similar to Go' are,
but yes, FPC by default also generates statically linked binaries on Linux.

> Thank you Jonas, I will forward the answer.

One can however recompile the RTL to use the C library (though as Jonas
said that is not the default). Please also note that adding additional
units might result in the C library being linked in nevertheless (e.g.
cmem, pthreads, etc.).

Regards,
Sven