[fpc-devel] UTF8 RTL

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Nov 19 14:07:45 CET 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:54:00 +0100
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 19.11.2014 11:39 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> > The RTL on Windows now uses the "W" functions and the AnsiString and
> > ShortString are encoded in CP_ACP. Changing the DefaultSystemCodePage
> > to CP_UTF8 does the trick.
> AFAIK we don't use the "W" functions yet on non-CE Windows.

I tested with FPC 2.7.1 from last week with file names containing
a mix of German Umlaute and Hebrew letters.
Lazarus Find declaration takes me to functions calling internally the
UnicodeString versions. Maybe codetools don't have the
right defines for the IFDEFs, but the results fit the code I found.


More information about the fpc-devel mailing list