[fpc-devel] DF64 BSD -- FPC running natively but argument address mangling prevents bootstrap

John Marino fpc-devel at marino.st
Tue Nov 18 15:16:56 CET 2014

On 11/18/2014 14:43, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 18.11.2014 13:46 schrieb "John Marino" <fpc-devel at marino.st
> <mailto:fpc-devel at marino.st>>:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> I've spent a couple of days porting FPC to DragonFly BSD with some
>> success.
> [...]
>> > bin/fpc -i
>>         Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4
>
> I can't help you much with your specific problen, but new targets should
> be added to the development version of FPC (in this case 2.7.1) and not
> the release. Afterall you'll need to port it sooner or later to that
> version anyway and especially in the current case (2.6.4 vs 2.7.1) quite
> some changes happened.
> Additionally we (core developers) only work with the development version
> anyway (the release compiler is basically only used for compiling
> trunk), so it will be easier for us to help you as well.

It doesn't matter, I'll just have to do it twice.
I have to patch the latest release -- otherwise we won't get it until
the next release and subsequent import into ports.  Plus it's more
important to get FPC bootstrapped at this point.

I think the patches would apply to a dev branch without too much trouble
though.

John