[fpc-devel] Install question

Prahas David Nafissian prahas.music at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 23:37:40 CET 2014

Hi -- I'm not a member of the list, so please copy me on replies.  Thanks!

I'll just show you the issue:

Horacemann-3:~ horacemann-old$ xcode-select --install
xcode-select: Error: unknown command option '--install'.

xcode-select: Report or change the path to the active
              Xcode installation for this machine.

Usage: xcode-select --print-path
           Prints the path of the active Xcode folder
   or: xcode-select --switch <xcode_path>
           Sets the path for the active Xcode folder
   or: xcode-select --version
           Prints the version of xcode-select

***** Here I try a few of the other command options -- they work fine.

Horacemann-3:~ horacemann-old$ xcode-select --print-path
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Horacemann-3:~ horacemann-old$ xcode-select --version
xcode-select version 2311.
Horacemann-3:~ horacemann-old$

Why doesn't "--install" work?

Thanks!