[fpc-devel] Masm

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 7 10:46:05 CET 2014

In our previous episode, Adriaan van Os said:
> It is rather unfortunate that fpc can only link OMF, not COFF on Windows (I read on some previous
> posts that it is the other way round, but according to
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/966597/whats-the-difference-between-the-omf-and-coff-format>
> and <http://www.iecc.com/linker/linker03.html> that doesn't seem to be the case).

Easiest is to check the files with cygwin "file", and then you'll see:

C:\pp32\units\i386-win32\ptc>file ptc.o
ptc.o: MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file

FPC is COFF, and I don't see anything in the referenced links saying
otherwise. The stackoverflow link is quite old.

The first link seems to indicate that VSS can generate both omf and coff, so
let it generate COFF ?