[fpc-devel] Stack dump with possible segfault

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue May 13 09:24:45 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 23:33, Johann Glaser wrote:

Hi,

> I'm working on a project with an external library (libtcl, it is written
> in C) which creates some problems with back traces for exceptions.
 .
 .

While not completely related to your original topic, I'd like to ask you
if you decided knowingly not to use the package "tcl" provided with FPC
(and possibly improve / extend it for your target platform) and if so,
what were your reasons.

I ask because I'm not sure to which extent it's used and/or maintained,
especially considering that it supports a fairly limited set of platforms
measured by current FPC span and that the included name of the TCL DLL for
Win32 does not seem to match currently available TCL version.

Should the package not to be useful any longer, we should probably either
update it (if anyone volunteers to maintain it, because I suspect that the
original maintainer is not involved actively any longer), or consider
deprecating it.

Thanks

Tomas