[fpc-devel] FPC and Windows Phone 8

Vsevolod Alekseyev sevaa at sprynet.com
Thu Mar 13 15:24:13 CET 2014

I've tried; the results are consistent with the interrupt thing. The
following snippet:

ASMTest
     mov r12, lr
     blx a
     mov lr, r12
     bx lr

     ALIGN 4
     ARM
     bx lr

Consistently crashes when executed under a debugger, but ran as expected
10 times in a row when standalone.

Naturally, this means that any kind of *sensible* ARM code would
pointless. Oh well. At least there are no CPU-level miracles :)

 > You can't prevent interrupts when in Usermode. So even a short
function will crash sometimes.

 > When you do a non-Thumb function that does not call any other
function same only can be influenced by an interrupt. So if it crashes
at all, you know that the interrupt logic of the OS is buggy.