[fpc-devel] Lazarus 1.2 Release

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 23:34:24 CET 2014

On 3/11/2014 2:31 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> In the light of FPC 2.6.4 being released today, what is the word on
> using the 2.6.4 compiler with Lazarus 1.2?
> Next Lazarus release will be built with it. That's probably 1.2.2.
Ok, now if that would be working again on the newer Mac OS X, but then I
still have to do more general stuff in my project before I need to
bother with getting the OS X client working... ;-)

> (I am currently running my main setup on Windows 8.1 64Bit, using the
> 32bit version of Lazarus as per advice on the forum)
> AFAIK the bug was fixed, so you are free to program 64bit with
> fpc 2.6.4 under Windows 8.
> Note: The IDE can be compiled with 32bit and you can build 64bit
> programs with a 32bit IDE. The 32bit IDE is somewhat faster due to less
> memory consumption.

That's what I am using right now, I just mentioned the version of
Windows in case there were some things still to consider. Maybe it's
just me being paranoid due to the problems I go through with getting
OpenVPN working (and installed!) properly on Windows 8.1... :-(

thanks,

Ralf

---