[fpc-devel] M68k: important milestone reached (again:)

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon Mar 10 12:04:10 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Sven Barth wrote:

> > Well, today on IRC you mentioned Atari too many times for an Amiga guy's
> > taste, so I couldn't resist...
>
> Once is already too many? :P

Yes! :)

> > http://charlie.amigaspirit.hu/screenshots/uae/UAE-FPC-m68k-2.7.1-FirstEver.png
> >
> > :)
>
> Congrats! So the cliffhanger resolved satisfactorly :D

Yeah, the cliffhanger was r27066, after that I got an Amiga compiler
binary. And then it also needed r27070 before it started to work. (And I
have an unfinished quick & dirty RTL patch which I still didn't commit,
which is required to build the compiler (an Exec unit), but that's
possible to work around if you disable the HASAMIGA parts in
assemble.pas.)

> > And besides, it was a decade old wish of me to have recent FPC running on
> > Amiga again. This also means the CG also somewhat works for a "full" 68k,
> > the 68020, not just for ColdFire. Sadly, it's known to be broken for plain
> > 68000, so now really back to fixing some CG issues, before adding more
> > platform-specific mess... :)
>
> Yes. Do you think you could somehow crossrun the testsuite on a 68020 or 68000
> system?

Well, there's a patched QEMU which - in theory - can run 000 and 020 code.
I tried it for some simple 020 bins, and that worked, I'm going to try to
run the whole testsuite with it (an also '000).

The additional nice thing if it works that it's much easier to get
various C libs to test with a full 68k (for example from Debian-m68k)
than Coldfire.

Charlie