[fpc-devel] M68k: important milestone reached (again:)

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon Mar 10 03:45:57 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014, Sven Barth wrote:

> With revision 26849 which I just committed a few minutes ago an imporant
> milestone was reached for reviving the M68k port: the cross compiled compiler
> is now not only able to compile a program, but this program is also able to
> run correctly!
>
> [...snipp...]
>
> After that the main work on m68k will switch to optimizations and maybe/likely
> revival of other m68k RTLs (Amiga, Atari, Mac OS, NetBSD) :D Of course an
> embedded target will be a nice to have as well ;)

Well, today on IRC you mentioned Atari too many times for an Amiga guy's
taste, so I couldn't resist...

http://charlie.amigaspirit.hu/screenshots/uae/UAE-FPC-m68k-2.7.1-FirstEver.png

:)

And besides, it was a decade old wish of me to have recent FPC running on
Amiga again. This also means the CG also somewhat works for a "full" 68k,
the 68020, not just for ColdFire. Sadly, it's known to be broken for plain
68000, so now really back to fixing some CG issues, before adding more
platform-specific mess... :)

Charlie