[fpc-devel] Smarter way of generating ARMHF fpc trunk installation?

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Mon Mar 3 19:39:48 CET 2014

On 03/03/2014 12:13 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 03 Mar 2014, at 17:49, Paul Breneman wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2014 03:24 AM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>> fpcup, an FPC/Lazarus build/installation/update program uses the
>>> following steps on ARMHF Linux (e.g. raspbian, odroid):
>>>
>>> 1. Get FPC stable (2.6.2 currently) ARM bootstrap compiler binary
>>> This compiler cannot directly build ARMHF FPC trunk.
>>>
>>> 2. Use the compiler to build a regular ARM fpc trunk compiler ("the
>>> intermediate bootstrap" compiler... sorry, not that good at naming :) )
>>>
>>> make "FPC=/home/odroid/development/fpcbootstrap/arm-linux-ppcarm"
>>> "--directory=/home/odroid/development/fpctrunk/compiler"
>>> "CROSSOPT=-dFPC_ARMHF -Cparmv7a -CaEABIHF -CfVFPv3" "OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF"
>>> "OS_TARGET=linux" "CPU_TARGET=arm" "OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1" "cycle"
>>
>> Could the first part(s) be packaged into a small Free Pascal distribution, like the 3 zips on this page?
>>   www.CtrlTerm.com
>
> No, because you have to redo step 2 every single time you update your sources.

I'm not suggesting that the source be put into the zip.  But could the
other tools be put into a zip so I could download a small zip on my
Raspberry Pi and easily follow a few directions to compile a new ARMHF
FPC+RTL?

I'm also interested in doing something similar for Android.