[fpc-devel] DOS GUI

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 15:38:41 CET 2014

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>> If the owner wants that not to happen,, choose any of these licenses
>> mentioned.
>> This is really important. Without huge legal fees I can't get my
>> intellectual property  back....
>
> Sorry, that's nonsense. You still have all rights on your own software,
> no need to get anything "back". Even in outdated Copyright terms a "use
> as you like" should not mean "take ownership".

I don't think that's necessarily the case. If you don't make a clear
statement of ownership in every accessible file then it's difficult to
claim that it's not in the public domain (or "res nullius"), that's why
classic IBM operating systems and HP calculator firmware are now being
distributed freely.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk