[fpc-devel] Explanation about code page-aware AnsiStrings

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 14:17:55 CET 2014

Jonas Maebe schrieb:

> Large parts of the returning discussions about code page-aware
> AnsiStrings are related to the fact that many people don't how they
> work. For this reason I've created an overview that explains the rules
> that are followed by the RTL/compiler at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Unicode_support (only Sections 1 to 3; 4
> and later are older and mostly either incomplete or wishful thinking).

Thanks :-)

The chapter numbers are missing from the headings?

On my Win98 VM this page is not accessible:

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for
/FPC_Unicode_support on this server.

Your technical support key is: 02f1-94ac-17f4-e8c8
<<

What's wrong?

On my Win8 machine the page and server is accessible, of course.

DoDi