[fpc-devel] One fpc.cfg per fpc version

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:41:45 CET 2014

Am 17.02.2014 12:16 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> > What more do you need ?
>
> I'm investigating what Lazarus needs to support to switch fpc versions
> more easily. That's why I'm collecting all the possibilities how people
> install multiple versions of fpc. I'm puzzled of the amount of different
> approaches - I thought two were enough. I wonder if some of them exists
> only because the user did not know the alternatives.

I can add my own flavor as well. :D

I have fpc installed in /mnt/data/applications/$FPCVERSION with the usual
dir structure underneath. In ~/.bin I have symlinks for fpc, fpcres,
fpcmake and various ppcXXX. The directory is also in PATH. In ~/.config/fpc
I have various fpc.$FPCVERSION.cfg and ~/.fpc.cfg is a symlink as well. All
these symlinks are updated with a switch-fpc script that gets the version
to symlink to as argument.

Regards,
Sven