[fpc-devel] One fpc.cfg per fpc version

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Feb 16 19:14:33 CET 2014

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:28:59 +0100 (CET)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

>[...]
> I played with this in 1.9.2 times iirc.
>
> IIRC the principle was developed for cases where every version installed
> into a prefix with make INSTALL INSTALL_PREFIX=~/somethingversion.  (so that
> you also had multiple bin directories and everything was fully separated).

Yes, for example make install INSTALL_PREFIX=~/2.6.2 installs to
~/2.6.2/lib/fpc/2.6.2
Which looks odd.

Maybe fpc should search for <dir of ppcxxx>/fpc.cfg.

Then maybe the current search for <dir of ppcxxx>/../etc/fpc.cfg can be
removed. Only a few people use it and they will probably be happy to
have more flexibility where to install fpc.

Mattias