[fpc-devel] Compiling trunk on OS X

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Feb 2 00:46:43 CET 2014

On 01 Feb 2014, at 23:34, Florian Klämpfl wrote:

> It might be worth to diff the assembler generated by the cross compiler
> and ppc2? Maybe I should get once a Mac for testing as well :)

It can be "fixed" by removing the uses of "exit" from tx64tryfinallynode.create() and tx64tryfinallynode.create_implicit(), or by compiling without regvars. I'll look further at it tomorrow.

It also happens if the cross-compiler is compiled directly with 2.6.2, so all exit-statements in constructors have to be removed from the compiler even once the bug is fixed (since we have to support bootstrapping with 2.6.2 and can't risk mis-compilations, and it's unlikely I'll feel comfortable to merge the eventual fix to 2.6.4).

Jonas