[fpc-devel] compile failure - trunk r29312

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Dec 23 01:34:31 CET 2014

On 12/22/2014 4:32 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 22.12.2014 19:44, waldo kitty wrote:
>> On 12/22/2014 1:28 PM, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>>> Do you always include "-gh" to "OPT=" (i.e. is the 250 kB log created
>>> with that option)?
>>
>> yes... that's my standard update script created a few years back...
>
> You know that "-gh" only affects binaries (executables and libraries), but not
> the units that are compiled?

yes...

> So maybe you better rebuild without that option and just use it for those
> programs that need it...

the original idea from several years ago was to catch bugs and problems with
memory blocks not being unallocated properly... then to be able to report them
so they could be fixed as a way of contributing back to the fpc community...
apparently a bug in my script, which was fixed a few weeks ago, finally brought
this into operation and i was just caught out by it since i hadn't seen it after
all this time...