[fpc-devel] FPC Android crashes in Tegra CPUs

Sergio Flores relfos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:45:25 CET 2014

I've recently discovered that some fpc math functions crash on Tegra CPUs
(ARM7/Android), even when called with valid arguments.

Anyone has a clue what could cause this or possible workarounds?

Eg: Calling lnxp1(x) with x>1 results in a SIGILL crash.

I did my own naive implementation of this function in pure pascal without
calling any FPC math function, and it fixed the problem.
However currently I found another crash in the same hardware that points to
fpc_ln_real function, and don't really want to reimplement lots of math
functions.
Probably any function related to logaritms suffers from this,.

Notes - I'm compiling with FPC 2.7.1 (from trunk, but not most recent, I
probably compiled it 2 or 3 months ago). Optimizations are off, due to them
being currently broken in ARM7.

I've got an Android app in Play Store with around 300 thousand downloads,
and from what I've gathered, this crash happens in any Tegra based device,
and only on those.