[fpc-devel] Delphi incompatible encoding

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:20:44 CET 2014

Am 01.12.2014 10:33 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:
> Another one:
> Delphi XE does not export the CP_xxx encoding constants from System.pas.
This means that the encoding constants are not available in (compatible)
user code.

It's not the first and likely not the last we export from a different unit
than Delphi. There will *always* be differences which already starts with
Integer that is declared as an alias to LongInt in the ObjPas unit in FPC.

> CP_NONE is declared in Windows.pas for clipping, as:
>   CP_NONE      = 0;     { No clipping of output             }
> different from the CP_NONE encoding ($FFFF).

Do they really not have a CP_NONE constant in System?

Regards,
Sven