[fpc-devel] Better Call Stack Information

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:47:08 CEST 2014

On 11.08.2014 00:02, mark diener wrote:
> Sven:
>
> I built the RTL as you instructed:
>
> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\lazarus\fpc\2.6.4-debug
>
> Then I changed a single line in fpc.cfg:

> -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\$FPCVERSION/units/$fpctarget/rtl

> -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\$FPCVERSION-debug/units/$fpctarget/rtl
>
> But I did not rebuild the compiler, only the RTL.

You did a "make all" inside the top level of the source? Then you have
also rebuild the compiler. Simple as that... ;)

> Now when I run, I still have a single unknown entry in the call stack.
> The debugger does now break inside
> the RTL source code instead of the assembler windows.
>
> What do you think it will take to get the final entry in the call stack
> to resolve to source code?

Since you also disabled optimizations by passing "OPT="-gl -O-"" to the
"make all" step there shouldn't be anything missing, so the heap
corruption does indeed seem more likely.

Regards,
Sven