[fpc-devel] fpc libraries do not work in freeBSD...

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:28:49 CEST 2014

> I know virtually nothing about FreeBSD, but if this comment (about linker
> behaving in special way to 'magical name _init') still applies for the
> linker used under FreeBSD, this could be the potential solution for
> initialization of these values for FPC RTL in shared libraries (rather
> then for shared libc).

Yep, this is a excellent opportunity for fpc to become the unique compiler who can produce True Universal Libraries.

freeBSD is growing, freeBSD is used by OSX too..., if fpc can create libraries for freeBSD, accessible for lot of languages (like fpc libraries do for Linux and Windows), fpc becomes the Libraries's King... ;-)

Thanks Tomas.

Fred.