[fpc-devel] What is / Where originates : FLAG_TRACE_BIT = $100; { our own invention } IN rtl\win\wininc\defines.inc

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:56:57 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> Anyway, If it exists for 64 bits, should/can it be added to
> rtl\win\wininc\defines.inc same as it is for 32 bit?
>
> Imho, no. At least not in "rtl" defines.

1) it's not part of originating Windows headers (if these are used as part
of RTL definitions) - keep the base header as small as possible.
2) The flag itself is very debugging specific. Thus the declaration should
go with either separate debugging package or more specific CPU definition
header (not necessarily debugging related).

The idea here is to be as "component" as possible, rather than put
everything into a single ready for anything RTL (that would bloat it a lot).

thanks,
Dmitry