[fpc-devel] Multithreading under DOS

Bernd Oppolzer bernd.oppolzer at t-online.de
Fri Sep 27 12:21:06 CEST 2013

Am 26.09.2013 22:33, schrieb Tomas Hajny:

> How much does the 386 CPU with 2 MB of appropriate RAM cost today? How
> much power and cooling does it need? How much reliable would be the HW
> compared to more up to date alternatives (let's say ARM or MIPS with 512
> MB RAM and an SSD running Linux)?
>
> Anyway, as I mentioned - I can imagine that it may be fun (similarly to my
> attempts to keep and improve the OS/2 support which is also used very
> rarely by others at best ;-) ), I just wanted to understand if there was
> any idea how it would be used in reality.

Only for the record:

I have two OS/2 machines running - used for developing portable C
applications,
for example targetting Windows, Unix and IBM mainframes - and I would
like to get
a version of FPC running there, producing executables for OS/2 and for the
virtual DOS boxes inside OS/2, too - if that is possible.

But I didn't find the time to do it, so far. On Win XP, everything runs
fine,
but a cross-compile there with OS/2 target didn't work. Don't know what
I missed. Is it possible to build FPC on the OS/2 machines, directly?
How could I do that?

You could answer me offline, if you like.

Kind regards

Bernd