[fpc-devel] Multithreading under DOS

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Sep 27 10:25:39 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Nikolay Nikolov said:
> >> Low resource usage perhaps. How well does Linux run on a 386 with 4 MB
> >> of RAM? What about 2 MB? :)
> > Where can I buy machines with 4MB RAM?  It will be hard to find a sub 256MB
> > machine.
> Here:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Computing-/11189/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+computing

I looked, and P-II,III,IV were actually more affordable :-) They can be
gotten /locally/ at near zero cost. (and then I'm not even talking about
them being beefier).

IOW, low resource use is not a cost issue. The only reason to want low
resources is for fun, attempts to justify that desire sound a bit dodgy :-)