[fpc-devel] Multithreading under DOS

Leif Ekblad leif at rdos.net
Thu Sep 26 20:16:42 CEST 2013

RDOS (my OS) runs well on an 386 with 4MB, but it no longer supports
emulating DOS, and the FPC adaption I did many years ago probably is broken.
OTOH, it would be possible to adapt the FPC RTL to RDOS, provided it is
thread-safe, and that way provide a light-weight environment. I have an RTL
implementation for OpenWatcom, which right now is my primary environment.
And RDOS supports modern hardware (including multicore), something DOS never
will do.

Leif