[fpc-devel] Multithreading under DOS

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 26 15:20:24 CEST 2013

On 09/26/2013 02:59 PM, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> ...except when it uses just any RTL function..

Supposedly nearly all RTL function in DOS are not problematic as they
either do simple stuff (get the current time - even this supposedly is
done without a "DOS" call), do unrelated stuff (disk I/O)  or in fact
don't use the slow function provided by DOS or BIOS (keyboard, serial,
....)

The timer might need some dedicated handling, though.

But my knowledge on all this is far in the past, in fact based on
TurboPascal.

-Michael