[fpc-devel] State of i8086 generation?

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 29 22:45:18 CET 2013

On 11/25/2013 08:40 PM, Jim Leonard wrote:
> I was curious what the state of the i8086 generation was in 2.7.x, and
> whether anyone was working on it.  I checked some of the files and I
> still see references to EAX, etc. so I am assuming it is not
> functional yet.  I was also curious how the memory model will be
> handled (ie. dynamic arrays greater than 64K if free heap allows it,
> etc.).
It should be functional, although it does break occasionally, so you
should always keep the latest working version if you plan on using it. I
run the testsuite weekly and try to fix any regressions, but
occasionally it may take longer if I'm busy. There's a wiki page
dedicated to the i8086 port here with more details:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/DOS

Nikolay