[fpc-devel] Problems with building x86_64 on darwin

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Mon Nov 25 23:20:30 CET 2013

On 11/25/13, 3:42 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Using simply wrong hyperboles is not productive. I explained in my
> cross-compiler (such as the ppcx64 included with FPC releases on Mac
> OS X) to build FPC from trunk without using a special make option, and
> which exact make option you have to add so that it does work.
> Alternatively, use a cross-compiler like the one you built above. It's
> x86-64 binaries will be exactly the same as the ones generated by a
> native x86-64 compiler.

Yeah, I missed that point.  From an end-user prospective though my
assertion makes a lot of sense.

Using 2.6.2 in production builds here is not possible.  My code-base
uses HEAVY namespace implements.  2.7.1 is the only thing that compiles
my projects.

make clean all DEBUG=1 OS_TARGET=darwin CPU_TARGET=x86_64 CPU_SOURCE=x86_64

Removing the PP=... was the only way I could get  :-)
build-stamp.x86_64-darwin

Thanks Jonas!