[fpc-devel] Should the compiler work, if compiled with -Cr?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Mar 16 03:20:12 CET 2013

On 16/03/2013 02:13, Martin wrote:
> On 16/03/2013 01:35, Paul Ishenin wrote:
>>
>> No, it does not work. Testsuite has many failures too when the
>> compiler is built with -Cr.
>>
>> Why this is a problem for you?
>
> It is not a problem.
> But it did work (or at least compile itself) for a long time now. (Or
> at least until recently every of the revisions that I got did work).
>

> On my last email, you simple said, it was caused by the -Cr. But it
> wasn't clear to me if that was acknowledging the crash as a bug, or if
> that meant it crashes by design.
>
> So I brought it up again.

Leaves the question: Can the RTL (and packages) be build (and used
afterwards) with -Cr ?

This was possible in the past and I remember that at some time (when
that broke) bug reports about it were accepted and fixed.

However, if it can, then how? specifying -Cr for the make does no longer
work, as it will also build the compiler.

Not important, hardly ever using it.