[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Delphi 7

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Mar 5 11:44:37 CET 2013

In our previous episode, Henry Vermaak said:

> > >Make can not figure out the dependencies between units by itself
> > >as it would need to parse them.
> >
> > That's for the user to do, if he thinks he can do a better job than FPC.
>
> Or implement an option that spits out the dependencies for make, so that
> the user doesn't have to do this.

That does't work, since in FPC an unit is an interface AND an
implementation. And inline functions are in the implementation, not the
interface.

The only way is to simply toss the modular system (units) out, and work with
$i, declare functions as externals in headers, let the compiler spit out
dependencies.