[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Paul Ishenin paul.ishenin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:59:18 CET 2013

05.03.13, 16:30, Sven Barth wrote:

> Just to say one thing clear: I will NOT drop FPC's generic
> implementation and I'll revert every commit that tries to do so, because

Sven, relax - FPC is not your own project and not mine. We can't simple
commit or revert what we want.

> not only do we have to keep backwards compatibility, but the Delphi
> syntax is a nightmare to parse.

Yes, it is hard to parse but anyway you need to implement it. So this
argument if false. And regards backward compatibility - it is not too
much places to fix: some in FPC itself and some in Lazarus components.

> Mode ObjFPC is not for Delphi compatiblity. It's there to implement a
> cleaner variant of the (Object) Pascal language (and Michael wrote), and
> if that means higher maintenance burden, so be it.

That cleaner variants split pascal for nothing - to make 3-5 developers
happy.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin