[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Mar 4 19:01:00 CET 2013

    Hi Michael,

Thank you!
I actually have more experience in C++ than in Delphi. I have been using
Delphi only for ~15 years, where my active C++ experience dates back to
1990, and I actively develop in C++ and C# on daily basis as well (All of
our products support C++ and C#).
I have made some attempts in the past to support Lazarus, and offer our
products for it, but due to vast number of bugs and limitations in it, I
have all but given up.
I still hope that one day I may offer our components to the lazars/FPC
community, but that seems to be just a fantasy :-D . I am actually dropping
support for FPC in the latest OpenWire implementation again due to
incompatibilities and lack of Delphi features (in this case attributes).
It is ok, I don't use Lazarus (spare a brief attempt few years ago to port
the libraries), and I probably will never use it, especially after your
recommendation :-) , nor will probably most of my customers, and there are
fear number of them ;-) .
I have recently started to remove the {$IFDEF FPC} parts from the source
code, since the chance to port to FPC seems less and less possible.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com