[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Mar 4 10:24:41 CET 2013

> > I want to implement support of Delphi anonymous methods for fpc.
>
> Just curious... why must such a feature be allowed in Object Pascal?

In Delphi, synchronization primitives like queue() and synchronize() have
been adapted to work with them, so they are actually more used than some
other new features.

So compatibility wise, it will probably get implemented sooner or later, and
better avoid the usual dance of rolling an own, and implementing the
compatible later anyway.