[fpc-devel] Re: Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Kylix 3

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Mar 4 00:21:00 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2013-03-03 19:47, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> >
> > First 10 m of a marathon done.
>

> Is that 'miles' or 'meters'?  ;-)

Sad. Instead of "fight", why not walking together?

IMHO Martin Schreiber is doing a great job using these comparisons and
some improvements could be made in FPC... but he is making a mistake
in their approach of how to present FPC's "defects".

Martin:
I do not know nothing about compilers, but I know the Florian Klämpfl
will do nothing about you're saying because do you do not have
proposed improvements! You are only showing the Delphi/Kylix speed is
extremely superior (even knowing that Delphi do not is multiplataform
and do not have the complexity that FPC has, AFAIK).
One more thing: try do not thinking only in MSEgui in your thoughts,
in your great ideas.
IMHO the MSEgui should be part of FPC, somehow, but...

FPC Team:
Try to hear Martin otherwise, because he is a great developer with great ideas.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas