[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Delphi 7

Craig Peterson craig at scootersoftware.com
Sat Mar 2 15:15:24 CET 2013

On Mar 2, 2013, at 3:52 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> If you hire 2 painters to paint the whole of your house,
> and one doesn't paint the inside, "because you don't see it from the outside", of course he will be finished faster; he didn't perform the same work.

Delphi is generating enough information that you can debug using it.  The fact that its debugger is built in and FPC requires an external debugger that can't read the .ppus is an implementation detail.  A more apt comparison would be that we hired the painters to paint the outside of the house and one of them did the inside too because his tools require him to paint both sides of the walls.

--
Craig Peterson
Scooter Software