[fpc-devel] Performance of string handling in trunk

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 26 09:46:24 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 01:25 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>> 8 or 16 bit codes ? In Delphi XE this seems to be 16 bit, in Delphi 7
>> and the currently released Lazarus this seems to be 8 Bits.
>
> Please read before confusing everything.
Sorry that I maybe did not phrase my question/ request appropriately: I
am interested in clear terms for use in a discussion. To demonstrate
that I just wanted to show that the same language keywords are used with
different meanings in different versions of  the compilers / libraries.

> Your recent messages still indicate that you never understood even
> string basics. Why don't you start adjusting your weird mind to the
> facts, as have been given repeatedly since years? :-(
Sorry again. We are (still) discussing how am implementation in fpc can
potentially be better than that in DXE. Thus the "basics" and the
"facts" are not really of interest.

-Michael