[fpc-devel] where do download BinUtils for ARM - Raspberry Pi?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Jun 20 23:41:29 CEST 2013

You should better install the native port of lazarus & freepascal on the
raspberry and connect the machine to a display/mouse/keyboard. Install
latest raspian from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads

and here's a user-guide for installing lazarus/fpc:
http://elinux.org/Lazarus_on_RPi

Then you can then use lazarus in exactly the same way as on your linux
box, performance may not be stellar but you will have a working system
in no time.

Doing crosscompiles and remotedebugging will add a level of complexity
that will not justify the better performance of lazarus when using it on
the 'real' linux box. At least not in the beginning of your journey.

Michael