[fpc-devel] Porting FPC to IBM zArch

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 12:37:07 CEST 2013

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2013, at 03:41, Bernd Oppolzer wrote:

>> - Stanford Pascal (my version) allows (. .) and (/ /) as substitutes for [ ]
>
> FPC also supports (. and .). It doesn't support (/ and /) though. Support for that could maybe be added under a new syntax mode or mode switch switch, but is this a common syntax? I've never heard of that one before.

I'd suggest avoiding (/ /) as comments.

Vector Pascal allows e.g. \+ as a reduction-addition operator, if FPC
ever considered implementing anything like this it would be desirable to
have \ and / unencumbered.

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/%7Ewpc/reports/compilers/compilerindex/vp-ver2.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd