[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-pascal] Should TObject or TComponent have a Comment property?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 12:40:23 CEST 2013

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You can put a comment in front of the object or any of its properties,
> and the lazarus IDE will display this comment for you.

Although if I recall correctly somebody was going to look at this and do
a bit of cleaning up. For example, if a procedure is annotated with a
"boxed" comment (this will probably wrap):

(* Apply the Tiger2 hash function to the sequence of strings passed as
the      *)
(* parameter, the final one is to be used as padding. The result is
returned    *)
(* with base-64 encoding and trimmed to 24 characters.
         *)
//
function Tiger2x64_24(const raw: array of string): string;

it requires that this be made contiguous by // or similar, and even then
displays a spurious " (Source)" after each comment line.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk