[fpc-devel] Realtime systems using FPC

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jul 3 12:56:52 CEST 2013

On 07/03/2013 12:36 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> So there's a (slight) risk that a careless kernel on the main CPU
> could mess up something safety-critical, or at least (as you've said)
> could have a small effect on timing.
Not at all if you only use the PRUS vicinity hardware interface. If you
use other peripherals you need to take the possible delays into account.
I did not investigate so deeply that I should know about priorities of
the bus accesses.

>> To learn more, you might want to read the "AM335x Applications
>> Processor Technical Reference Manual" by TI (4788 pages).
>
> That I'll leave to the colleague who hassles me on this sort of thing :-)
Please let me know about the your plans and solutions you come up with.
Of course you / he can send me a private email with questions and comments.

-Michael