[fpc-devel] where do download BinUtils for ARM - Raspberry Pi?

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Tue Jul 2 12:36:12 CEST 2013

Basically, this whole discussion is a bit pointless.

On 29-6-2013 19:28, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 06/29/2013 08:58 AM, Michel Catudal wrote:
>> Le 2013-06-21 03:32, Michael Schnell a écrit :
>>> I don't understand why RPI (still) gets so much interest.
The point is that the RPi is a *coherent educational concept *as a whole
- software, hardware, planning, resources - that has to some extend been
taken over by hardcore hacker loudmouths who always seem to be
disappointed. And it took over 4 years to realize the concept, not just
the hardware, that was easy, and a choice made based on price and
availability in 2009.
Get the big picture and get the success of the concept (over 2.000.000
sold as per today) and you see why the BB, Odroids and the likes are by
a long way not as successfull in the market.
I for one would be glad to see those hardcore complainers gone from the
raspberry pi community. They are missing the point, any point.....
basically clueless on what to do with it.

Well: there are no professionally written educational resources for BB
and Odroid for example. All documentation is geared to professionals or
hackers.
Instead of using their capabilities to enhance eand contribute the RPi's
eco, all they can do is moan about something better. It isn't! there's
no plan behind it, there's hardly a concept, you're basically on your
own and  the GPU alternatives often underperform compared to the RPi.

By all means, go ahead. But don't forget FPC is a viable compiler and
Lazarus is a viable IDE for the Raspberry Pi. And the history of Pascal
has a strong educational background.
And on the RPi it has about 2.000.000 times more potential to find
Pascal converts then the measely sales figures from the alternatives ;)

Thaddy