[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

Paul Ishenin paul.ishenin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:02:23 CET 2013

28.01.13, 20:33, Graeme Geldenhuys пишет:
> On 01/25/13 08:07, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Delphi 7 object pascal could be learned very easily. Nowadays with all the "features" added
>> you go, try and explain pascal to someone. Say it is 'nice and readable'.
>
> +1
>
> Generics, for-in loops, anonymous methods, classes defined inside
> classes etc... I have and see no need for them, and they simply
> complicate the beautiful Object Pascal language (at least from the D7 days).

Different people see different needs in language. There is nothing bad
not to use and not understand some of the language features.

I used for-in loop many times in my applications simple because it
reduce the code and therefore makes it more readable.

I also used types inside classes - this is a great feature. I don't need
to polute global namespace with internal types.

I would use anonymouse methods in pascal - I use them in javascript when
I need to perform something asynchronosly.

I use avanced record syntax because it makes code more understandable.

I scarry to use generics but that simple because they have many bugs.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin