[fpc-devel] Catch a signal

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Jan 28 12:51:49 CET 2013

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:

> Here: http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/oldlinux/signal.html I
> see: "Install signal handler (deprecated) ... This call has the same
> functionality as the *SigAction* call. "
>
> So I tried to do this:
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/oldlinux/sigaction.html
>
> It does not compile, as the unit oldlinux is not compiled in the
> "normal" Lazarus svn installation.

Or any "normal" installation since it has been deprecated since 2004.

See baseunix.fpsigaction or baseunix.fpsignal.

People stubbornly trying to use it anyway is exactly the reason why it
isn't compiled by default anymore. And in 2.6.2 unit libc will trigger a
"deprecated" warning for exactly the same reason.