[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:41:03 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Regarding tuples:
> http://wiki.oxygenelanguage.com/en/Tuples
I know, but I consider this particular implementation an unpleasant example of
"no need to change the language -- lets do it in the library" philosophy.
Just look:
>The Tuple type is a set of generic types with 1 up to 7 generic parameter types for the value types.
>There also is an 8th Tuple type of which the 8th parameter type has to be another tuple.

Also, the feature set is rather weak compared to my proposal, to the
point of not worthing it.
Still, if my proposal would be implemented, it is will also become
possible in FPC to allow
anonymous records as return types -- the user will have to use tuples
to deconstruct them.

--
Alexander S. Klenin