[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:47:28 CET 2013

On 25.01.2013 21:10, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Something like
>
>  >>>>    for a in a index i do
>
> falls squarely into the latter category: it's messy to parse, worse to
> read, and is completely unlike any existing language idioms.

I definitely have to disagree here (while still not having an opinion on
the topic "for-in-index" itself): once you've worked on Delphi style
generics you know what messy parsing is... and I already get nightmares
thinking about what I still need to add for Delphi's generics support...
This for-in-index is a peace of cake to parse in comparison.

Regards,
Sven