[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

dev.dliw at gmail.com dev.dliw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:11:16 CET 2013

Hi,
though not a fpc developer, I strongly want to support Michaels opinion
(not specifically addressing this feature).

For me Pascal is the language of choice because of its readability and
strictness and simple / clean syntax.

IMO C++ actually evolved C in exactly this direction.
Therefore it would be a great mistake to bloat / fragment Pascal with
redundant "features" and go exactly the other way round.

IHMO even Delphi does "too much of a 'good' thing" in evolving the language
- and the best example how NOT to do it - is Perl, indeed.

Btw. from the users point of view - there are more urgent things to do.
[NOTE that's NOT a hidden complaint/hint!].
d.l.i.w

P.S.:
I got to know Pascal with Turbo Pascal (in fact I'm younger than you might
think :) )...
... but - honestly - I still don't understand why Borland introduced classes
when there are objects, what the heck are advanced records for... etc. :)
Ok, many features are really useful: generics, properties...