[fpc-devel] assumed bug in the RTL with ARM v5 regarding loading dynamic libraries

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 23 13:04:32 CET 2013

On 01/23/2013 11:36 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Except for the possible case where the OS and standard libraries have
> been built to not support dynamic linkage.

I seem to remember that there are lots of .so used in this system (I'll
recheck)

Moreover I suppose it then should crash not before trying to load a
library. I understand that  Synapse uses the rtl infrastructure to
dynamically load and attach to the library at runtime, when necessary
and not when starting.

My testing program does not even know about any other dynamic library
then what is denoted by {$linklib c} I don't know if this tries to load
an so right when starting.

-Michael