[fpc-devel] Install fpc and Friends on a non-Debian ARM-Linux Device

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 22 10:06:16 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 12:42 PM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Use the tar installer of the fpc release you want. I.e. at
> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.0/arm-linux/ you can get an
> official 2.6.0 installer for arm.

Great !

It was very easy to install this in a safe location on the hard disk and
add the appropriate links in /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

So I now have fpc 2.6 and the necessary libraries.

Sorry that I did not know that there is a "third way" to install fpc for
ARM in the middle between cross compiling from the sources and using a
distribution-depending package.

Thanks a ton,
-Michael